Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Geocaching Obsession


My geocaching obsession is now officially out of control. I'm in Big Sky, MT for a conference and took an open afternoon to do a little caching. This is the most extreme hike I've ever been on - and I didn't even make it to the cache, which is at the top of Lone Peak Mountain. I came within 100 feet of the summit, but rain and time started to work against me so I turned around. In hindsight, it was incredibly stupid of me to attempt this one without the right gear and without another person. Look at the pic - that's taken from about 1/3 up the trail. The terrain is all loose rock. I made it up past a few barrier fences to the final sheer rockface (see the small indentation at the top?) and saw some July snow along the way. It might be time for a geocaching hiatus.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Ann, I love to geocache alone too... Gini does not approve. Of course it doesn't help when I show her things like a gun I found while caching.... Faye aka The Cannon

10:44 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home